ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 95811

From: plaidkin <>
Subject: CABANISS AND PILLOT
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 98 00:24:01 -0500

Phew! I just read through over 30 Roots Newsletters, and boy am I tired!
(That's the last time I let my email get that out of hand)

Recently, someone started a string of responses regarding odd names and
such. Well,I don't have any odd first name, but I do have some fairly
uncommon surnames that I'm researching, and have yet to find anything.

Anyone have the surnames CABANISS or PILLOT ? My PILLOT (pronounced like
Peelow, or Pillow--the thing you rest your head on) ancestors were from
France, a source says from an area called Haute Soane. The CABANISS line
in my family comes from I don't know where--I've never seen anyone else
with this name! Anyone out there have it? Or, if you could point me to
some info on Haute Soane, that'd be lovely too. I know it's an area near
Jura, but that's about all I can find. Any help is much appreciated--TIA!

|Susan C. Gibson, |
|http://www.plaidkin.com [modified by pre-screener dp]

This thread: