ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 95814

From: Jay Ward <>
Subject: RE: Shaving Creme and Tombstones
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 07:29:19 -0500

While I sympathize with what happened to your sidewalk because of
shaving creme, the composition of cement (a mixture of alumina, silica,
lime, iron oxide, and magnesia burned in a kiln then pulverized) is
vastly different than that of tombstones (frequently granite or marble)
and I would expect a different reaction from each to shaving creme.
Frankly, I don't think shaving creme hurts at all. Given what's
happening to many cemeteries I've seen (overgrowth and neglect, acid
rain, smog and pollution, vandals, paving over, etc.), shaving creme is
among the least worries we genealogists have.

Jay Ward

This thread: