ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 95882

From: Jenny Tenlen <>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: WA Biographies Project
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 23:48:07 -0700

Hi!

The Washington State Bios Project is now up and running! The URL is:
http://www.halcyon.com/jennyrt/WABios/index.html. The WA Bios Project is
part of the US Biographies project, an offshoot of the Kentucky Biographies
Project which was started in '97. Basically, the goal of the project is to
transcribe bios from sources that are no longer copyrighted. The project
is concerned only with biographies - so there will be no transcription of
censuses, cemetery records, bible records, etc.

Currently there are 63 bios online - I'm hoping that will quickly pick up
once more volunteers come on board. The rules that apply to the US GenWeb
archives also apply here - all bios are from books that are no longer
copyrighted, and thus can be freely downloaded for research. If you are
willing to help, then please check the project pages and let me know what
you are willing to do - I'd love any help I can get!

Sincerely,

Jenny Tenlen

WA Biographies Project Coordinator
http://www.halcyon.com/jennyrt/WABios/index.html