ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 96076

From: "Perry Streeter" <>
Subject: Jasper & Joanna ?????; Warren Co., NJ, USA; 1700s
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 8:30 -0500

Jasper & Joanna ?????; Warren Co., NJ, USA; 1700s
ENGLE/KRUSEN/HORNBECKER/McINTIRE/PETTY; NJ,USA; 1800-

Q. In your family records, do you find a couple named Jasper and
Joanna ????? that had a daughter named Mary born about 1760?

Francis-5 KRUSEN (Derrick-4, Francis-3, Derrick-2, Garret-1),
son of Derrick-4 and Maria (VAN VLIET) KROESEN, was born probably
in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. He died in Mansfield Township,
(then Sussex, since 1825) Warren County, New Jersey between 7 and
13 January 1819. Francis married Mary _____; she died after 13
January 1819. If Francis and Mary followed Dutch traditions in
naming their children, Mary may have been the daughter of couple
named Jasper and Joanna. Children, birth order uncertain, ordered
as they appear in Francis' will, surname Krusen, Crusen, etc.;

i. Joanna, m. Aaron PETTY (Marriage Book A, Sussex County
Court House, Newtown, NJ).
ii. Richard-6 "Derrick" KRUSEN, b. Washington, Warren Co.,
NJ 17 May 1779; m. Jane GARRISON; probably named
after his paternal grandfather.
iii. Jasper CRUSEN, b. [NJ] 2 Oct 1782; d. [Greenwood,
Steuben Co., NY] 20 Sep 1835; m. 2 June 1803 Nancy
ENGLE, b. 30 June 1780, d. 4 Sep 1828; perhaps he
was named after his otherwise unknown maternal
grandfather.
iv. John, b. NJ 24 April 1784; d. Eaton Co., MI 29 March
1856; m. Jane McINTIRE (Marriage Book A, Sussex
County Court House, Newtown, NJ), b. NJ 28 March
1788, d. Eaton Co., MI 14 April 1871; both bur.
West Carmel Cemetery, Eaton Co., MI.
v. Mary, m. Peter HORNBECKER (Marriage Book A, Sussex
County Court House, Newtown, NJ); probably named
after his paternal grandmother.
vi. Elisabeth.
vii. Margaret.
viii. Eliza, m. W.W. McINTIRE (Marriage Book A, Sussex
County Court House, Newtown, NJ).

I am seeking all genealogical and biographical details for the
family documented above, including their ancestors, children, and
grandchildren and the spouses thereof, including the full names of
those spouses' parents. All additions and corrections, however
speculative, will be greatly appreciated.

Please send a copy of any response directly to me. I subscribe to
many lists and post to many websites; I would not want to miss your
reply! Thank you!

Perry Streeter ()
Assistant List Owner,
Canandaigua, New York USA