ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 96149

From: Tom Rue <>
Subject: James RUE[1822]/Aurilla[1832], NJ>NY>PA
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:43:58 -0400

Headstones for some of those named below are in the Milanville cemetery,
in Wayne Co., Penna. I've been unable to tie this family to any
contemporary branches in Pennsylvania, New York, or New Jersey, despite
having many hundred such connected names in my database.
Any info regarding *any* of these people, or related lines, would be most
appreciated.
Thanks.
Tom Rue -
http://www.catskill.net/rue/family/genealogy.htm

--

James RUE b. 1822 in New Jersey, occupation "waggon maker" (1870), m.
Aurilla ____ (b. 1832 in New York), and had the following known children:
1. Thomas RUE, b. 22 April 1846 in New York, d. 27 Oct. 1862, bur.
Milanville, Wayne Co., Pa.
2. S. [female] RUE, b. 1848 in New York
3. Elizabeth RUE, b. 1850 in Pennsylvania
4. James RUE, b. 1852 in Pennsylvania
m. ___ SKINNER, b. 1853 to Heli and Helen SKINNER, who d.
2 May 1920 in Milanville, Wayne, Penna, is buried in Milanville,
and had one known son:
i. W.J. RUE of Camp Dix, New Jersey (in 1920);
___ SKINNER also m. (2) Charles A. SHERWOOD (d. after 1920),
with whom she had one known son, who d. after 1920.
5. Josephine RUE, b. 1855 in Pennsylvania
6. Ida RUE, b. 1862 in Pennsylvania
7. Rose RUE, b. 1862 in Pennsylvania
8. Wilhelmina RUE, b. 1865 in Pennsylvania
9. Clifford RUE, b. 1869 in Pennsylvania

SOURCES:

Gravestones in Milanville cemetery for James RUE (1822), Thomas Rue, and
others.

1860 US census, Penna., Wayne Co., Damascus Twp., pp. 188-189, dwelling
#2203, 07-14-1860.

1870 US census, Penna., Wayne Co., Damascus Twp., p. 29, dwelling #303,
07-29-1870.

Obituary, __ May 1920, The Wayne Independent, Honesdale, Penna., copy not
dated, transcribed by I. Popiclarz of Port Murray, New Jersey, 16 January
1987, to wit:
"MRS. JOHN SHERWOOD passed away at her home in Milanville May 2, 1920,
following an illness of ten days of influenza. She was the second daughter
of the late Heli and Helen Skinner, and was in her 67th year. She was twice
married, her first being Jas. Rue, by which union one son, W.J. Rue, of
Camp Dix, survives. A son by the second marriage, Charles A. Sherwood, and
the husband survive. Her mother, two half-brothers and a sister also survive.
"Funeral services were conducted Tuesday and interment was made in the
Milanville cemetery by Undertaker Valentine."

This thread: