ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 96570

From: Pat Fletcher <>
Subject: Sartwell: African-American Autobiography & White Identity
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 18:45:07 -0500

Those of you who live in Washington, or who plan to be here the night of
October 28th, might enjoy the following discussion and book- signing at
Politics & Prose Bookstore and Coffeehouse, 5015 Connecticut Ave NW. It's
just south of Nebraska Ave, where the L-2 (Connecticut Ave) and M-4
(Nebraska Ave) buses stop, near several nice restaurants. There's parking
in the back as well as on the street. Call P&P at (202)364-1919 for
further information.

Pat Fletcher

> AUTHORS APPEARING AT P&P
> Thursday, October 29 at 7 pm Crispin Sartwell will discuss ACT LIKE YOU
> KNOW: AFRICAN-AMERICAN AUTOBIOGRAPHY AND WHITE IDENTITY
> (paperback$17.00). Philosopher and cultural critic, Sartwell takes a
unique
> look at African American literature, including Frederick Douglass, Zora
Neale
> Hurston, and Malcolm X. This is also the night of Share Our Strength,
> annual National Writer's Harvest. Proceeds from this evening will go
> local hunger relief efforts.
>
> Friday, October 30 at 7 pm Eric Foner will discuss THE STORY OF AMERICAN
> FREEDOM (hardcover $27.95), an engaging and provocative social history
> of our country and the challenges we face to preserve and attain
> freedom.

This thread: