ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 96662

From: Rose and Don Deal <>
Subject: Ear ache
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:03:04 -0500

I am not sure how to ask this question about old time cures so I will
tell a short story about a teen girl that was in our care,by court
order. We were foster parents. This 14 year old girl whose family came
from one of the deep southern states, came to me and ask for a cup that
was disposable. I gave her a paper cup and ask why she needed it. Her
answer was quite a shock to me. She said she had an earache. She would
urinate in the cup and pour it in her ear. That is how her granny cured
earaches. Has anyone else heard this cure?

This thread: