ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 96678

From: Michael & Jinx Dopson <>
Subject: Re:Old Medcine
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:31:54 -0600

I have really enjoyed the list of old remedies.My Mother was raised
on a
turpintine plantion,we still (they had some of those to)<g>,use them
today .It seems
that was the only medicine they had .It was used for cuts ,burns ,colds,
you name
what ever was ailing you and they would bring out the medicine bottle.I
think the
greatest was when I had a disk problem and couldn't walk ,my Mother
brought
out the towels soaked in hot mixture of water and turpinetine.they used
a spoonful
of Nutmeg for upset stomach.Paparika for constapation..Turpinetine is
sold in stores now
for medicinal purposes.
These turpinetin plantations were in Walton Co.,Florida around
Caney Creek
and Gaskin.Anyone know about this area?

Jinx

This thread: