ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 96692

Subject: BARNETT; NJ, MA
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 06:50:55 -0500 (EST)

My BARNETTs start with David BARNETT and sons, John and William, living in
Newark, NJ in the early 1820s. William went to MA and married Nancy Wheeler
in 1826 in Medway. Daughter Matilda was born 1833, and William in 1837, both
in MA. By 1840, the family was back in NJ with a 3rd child, George AC, born
1839 in Rahway, NJ. Matilda returned to Boston and never married. William
and George served together in the Civil War in Hawkin's Zouaves. William was
killed in action, but George survived and had a long life as an attorney in
New York City. He died in 1914, and was my great-grandfather.

Also seeking another relative, Oliver Barnett, who lived in NY and NJ
around 1890-1910.

Anyone connect? Any suggestions? Please reply to .
Thanks.

George Pierce
George T (Ted) Pierce

This thread: