ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 96955

From: sherry schuler <>
Subject: Philadelphia,Pa. WORBY info
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:09:19 -0800 (PST)

Could someone please tell me how I would go about finding a death
certificate for someone who died in a jail there in 1925?Also this is
the last place my grandfather was in 1896.How do I find out if he died
in Philadelphia,or in Connecticut where I found my grandmother in the
1920 census listed as head of household and 61 yrs. old.We have no
records other then my fathers birth certificate that list his parents
as George and Rosa Worby in 1897.No maiden name.The city directory
list them there only for the year of 1897.They just disappeared after
that until 1920.I got this information from my fathers enlistment
papers.I'm at a wall.Hope someone can help.
Thank you,Sherry

This thread: