ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-12 > 100536

From: irish690 <>
Subject: J.P. Gates 1850-1860 IL/MO
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:45:05 -0700

I am looking for information about J.P. Gates, he is believed to have
possibly died in Lawrence Co MO between 1850 and 1860. I am trying to prove
that he is the father of Michael Gates. J.P.
(full given name?) was married to Elizabeth Gates, who is found in the 1860
Lawrence Co MO census, at age 76, living in the home of John Cline. J.P. is
hopefully my gr gr gr gr grandfather. How can I obtain proof of his death
if he did die in Lawrence Co? J.P. was b abt 1781 in PA and I have him in
the 1850 Wayne Co IL census at age 69. The family appears to have removed
IL to MO some time after the 1850 census. If anyone has knowledge of this
family I would be most grateful!

Gena Lally
Mesa AZ

This thread: