ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 108307

From: MScheffler <>
Subject: WATSON,Levi, abt 1740-1828 NY
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 18:12:45 -0500

Levi WATSON, about 1740 to 20 May 1828 served in the Rev. War from
Dutchess Co. NY. He apparently was married to a Rachel per DAR. In
1818 he made an application for bounty lands in Otsego Co.,apparently
living in Cooperstown, NY. In the 1820 federal census a Levi WATSON
was living in Sheldon, Genesee Co., NY.

I believe Levi had a daughter Rebecca WATSON who married first Abram
STOTENBUR, had one child Abram, then evidently was divorced and
remarried and later moved to Otsego Co.

Levi WATSON may be my great x5 grandfather. Would appreciate
anything on this family so as to help either prove or disprove his
relationship to my great great great great grandmother Rebecca WATSON.

Margaret Scheffler

This thread: