ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 108394

From: Randy & Pat <>
Subject: Farley
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 06:35:07 -0400

Hi! My name is Pat. I have been lurking for some time.

I am researching my Beck and Farley lines in Alabama, but I have been
stuck for some time on both.

If anyone knows of these two lines, please let me know. I am willing to
share any information I have.

Information I have on Farley.

My grandmother was Elizabeth Jessie Farley. She was born on the 1 of
Sept. in 1902. Her death certificate says she was born in Pickens
County, State ? She died the 1 Jan 1971 in Druid City Hospital in
Tuscaloosa, Alabama. On the death certificate her parents are listed as
Joe B. Farley and Ada A. Brown ? I later learned that Ada A. was
actually a Cook. I have a marriage certificate dated 28th of September
1887 for Joe Benton Farley and Ada A. Cook. Ada's mother was a witness
to the marriage and her name was listed as Mrs. L. Brown. I believe
Ada's mother remarried after Ada was born. I have no information
regarding Joe Benton Farley's parents.

I did find the 1910 census and 1920 census listing Joe and Ada Farley as
living in Lamar County, Alabama with their children and Ada's widowed
mother.

1910 census information in Lamar County, Alabama.

Farley, Joe B: head: Male: white: 47: Married: Married 22 years: Born in
Alabama: Father from South Carolina: Mother from Alabama: laboror at
Sawmill.

Farley, Ada A. : wife: married: 38 yrs old: married 22 yrs: mother of
ten children: mother of 9 children still living: Born in Alabama: father
from ???: Mother from Mississippi:

Farley, Robert C.: son: male: 14 yrs old: single: born in Alabama:
parents from Alabama: laboror in sawmill.

Farley, Mattie ???: daughter: female: 18 yrs. old: single: both parents
from Alabama.

Farley, Jessie E.: daughter: Female: 10 yrs old: single: both parents
from Alabama.

Farley, ????: daughter: Female: 9 yrs old.: single: both parents from
Alabama.

Farley, ???: Son: male: 5 yrs old: single: both parents from Alabama.

Farley, Henry ??:son: Male: 2 yrs old.

Farley, John ???: son: Male: 11-12 months old.

Brown, Lucy ???: mother-in-law: Female : 58 yrs old: widowed: mother of
one child still living: Born in Mississippi: father born in South
Carolina: mother born in South Carolina.

I have requested birth certificates on both Ada and Joe and was told
they could not be located.

If anyone recognizes these names, please contact me.
.

Pat
North Carolina

This thread: