ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 108579

From: "Dereck L. Dietz" <>
Subject: YOST, Anastasias, GER->USA, 1800-1881
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 20:11:06 -0400

I would like to find out more information on my GGG Grandfather
Anastasias YOST. However, if anybody can provide any information on any
of the individuals listed below that would also gladly be accepted and
reciprocated.

Anastasias YOST:

Born in 1800 in Darnstadt (probably a misspelled Darmstadt), Germany.

He arrived in the US no later than 1831 (working on the assumption that
he applied for US citizenship as soon as he was eligible.

He married Catherine ROW (1807-1859) on 31 march 1833 in Holmes County,
Ohio.

He applied for land patents in Coshocton County, Ohio in 1835 and 1837.

In April 1838 he filed his declaration of intent to become a US citizen.

In 1881 he died. I don't have a specific location but assuming it was
in Coshocton County, Ohio.

He and Catherine ROW had the following children:

1. Mary Magdalena YOST (1834-?)
2. Jonathon YOST (1836-?)
3. Elizabeth YOST (1838-1902)
4. Simon YOST (1840-?)