ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 108654

From: Grahame James <>
Subject: GEORGE JAFFRAY
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 19:33:44 +1000

I am currently doing my family tree on my Jaffray Family and would like
some assistance please. George was Born about 1837 Aberdeen Scotland. At
the age of 8yrs to 15yrs he was engaged on a farm. He then served in the
Ranks of the Imperial Arm. Nine months Crimean War. Ten months in the
East Indies Police Brigade. He then followed a Seafaring life for twelve
years before landing in NSW Australia in 1864.

How old would you have to be to serve in the Imperial Army as well as
the Crimean War and the East Indies Police Brigade? I need to know who
actually holds the records for the Police Brigade, The Imperial Army,
and the Crimean War. I am aslo trying to find the ship he arrived on but
as yet no luck. As I do not know the name of the ship.

Kind Regards

Grahame James

This thread: