ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 108694

From: Barb Paulsen <>
Subject: re: Cert. or Gravestone
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

I'd have to follow the cert. and not the gravestone if
it was my family. My great-aunt had her headstone
made (except the date of death) right after her second
husband died. She was infamous for changing her birth
year on anything. She retired from three different
companies at the age of 65 (and not in the same year).
Anyway, her headstone has her 10 years younger than
what she was when she died. When my mother and
grandmother went to the cemetery for the first time to
leave flowers they made quite a spectacle of
themselves laughing at how she wasn't ever going to
tell her real age, not even in death.

Regards, Barb

This thread: