ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109024

From: Bubba <>
Subject: If he were living ...
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:13:29 -0500

> Hoffman
>
> If he were living he would be consisered my in laws father.I do not
> know how to say that in my own terms.

Rose, I suppose I'm having a little trouble with your terminology.
Certainly, I must be sorely mistaken, and will be corrected by others,
but just because Hyman is dead does not remove him from your families.

In my considered opinion, for example, because my wife is dead, I still
consider her my wife; her mother is still my mother-in-law. My Daddy is
still my Daddy; my Grampaw is still my Grampaw. Because they are dead,
does not remove them from "family."

This thread: