ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109154

From: "Roy E. Malone" <>
Subject: WALKER Researchers
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 08:42:56 -0500

I am searching for the parents and ancestors of Dixon H. Walker
who also had a nickname of Ranse or Manse.

Later Census information indicate Tennessee as Dixon's birthstate. He
apparently was married in about 1822/23 and he and his wife (unknown)
had a daughter (also unknown) born circa 1824/25.

The family was in Hickman County, Tennessee for the 1830 Census.

Dixon Walker is listed as the owner of 30 acres in the 1836 Wayne
County, Tennessee Tax List Civil District #5.

They were in Wayne County, Tennessee in 1840 and by then also had a son
under 5 (John L. Walker) and the daughter was in the 10-15 age bracket.

By 1850 the daughter apparently was married and her mother was dead
because Dixon H. and his son were the only two enumerated and they had
relocated to Nacogdoches County, Texas. Later in 1853 Rusk County was
created out of Nacogdoches County. They were now in Rusk County in
1853.

Dixon married a widow, Elizabeth O'Hair (Jones), while in that area and
by the
late 1850s he and his son and his new wife and her children by a
previous marriage had moved to Bosque County, Texas.

He was a very early pioneer in his new home area and he was know as a
man who was reliable and he was often called on for protection from the
Indians. He died in 1862 in Bosque County. I have a lot of historical
items about him and his family and I will be glad to share this with
interested parties.

I need HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!!!!! Surely some of you Walker researchers
know of a possible connection for Dixon. This is one of my hardest
"Stone Walls"!!!! Please answer this request. Roy E. Malone,
Granbury, Texas.

This thread: