ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109244

Subject: Goodnight Family
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 18:12:42 EDT

The 1850 Shelby Co., KY. census has the J. Goodnight family listed with J.
age 55 and M. age 44. There are nine children ages 20 through 9 months. The
oldest child listed is C. A. 20, and the seventh child listed is AE. 6.

Also listed is the T.E.C. Brinly family with T.E.C. 27, Jane 23, John 6 and
Martha E. 4.

As time passes and these people grow older, AE. Goodnight marries John Brinly
and they become my great grandparents. When my great-great grandmother, Jane
McDowell Brinly dies, T.E.C. Brinly marries Catherine Goodnight.

Jane Brinly is buried in the Simpsonville Cemetery near four of her children,
T.T.C.'s parents and his two sisters and T.E.C.'s grandfather, John Bradbury.
T.E.C., John, Catherine and Anna Victoria are buried in Cave Hill Cemetery in
Louisville.

I have the Brinly family history, but has anyone done the Goodnight family
history. I would like to know what happened to all of the Goodnight
descendants. Thanks. Bill Brinly

This thread: