ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109278

From: barbara <>
Subject: Man found guilty of adultry
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 06:16:10 -0500

I ran across a listing for an old document on the ebay lists. It
stated tha int:

1827CHAMPAIGN COUNTY, OHIO LEGAL DOCUMENTS - #1--INDICTMENT OF DAVID
STEVENSON and SARAH SROUFE, not being the wife of said David, did "have
sexual intercourse contrary to the form of the statue in such case made
against the peace and dignity of the state of Ohio. #2 - The arrest
warrant to the "Keeper of the Jail of the County...whereas David
Stevenson, a married man...who is charged with being guilty of adultery
with Sarah Sroupe, widow, on the oath of John Breden, I command that you
receive the said David Stevenson in your custody in jail...there to
remain until he be discharged by due course of law..." On the back of
this document are all the costs involved in arresting him, etc. (By the
way, he was found Guilty.)

You can see other special items from that place at my webpage..
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/sites/

Barbara
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/5455/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/8595/