ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109297

From: Bill and Darlene May <>
Subject: Schweitzer/Switzer
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:49:10 -0400 (EDT)

My Schweitzer/Switzer are from Court Matrix and Ballingrane, Ireland; before
that they came from Assenheim, Pfalz Am Rhein, Germany in the 1700's. Prior
to 1658 they lived in Alsace. The information that I have states " Alsace
had been part of Germany until 1649, so that this family may have considered
themselves Germans. Their name, however, suggests roots in Switzerland."
The farthest that I have been able to get to is Hans Jacob Schweitzer born
about 1630 died 1710. married Eva Renner 1650 and remarried Elesabeth
Kesselring 1658. His sons were Johann Michael born 1681 married Dorothea
and had three sons, second son was Johann Christopner born 1685 married
Katherine Elisabeth ?? and had eight children. Next son was Mathias born
1696, Johann Peter born 1706, Johann George born 1709 and Martin born 1718.
The only lines that I have any information on are the oldest sons Michael
and Christopher almost down to present day. I am a direct descendant of
Christopher. If anyone has further information or feel that you are related
and need more information, please let me know.

Darlene May

Ontario, Canada.

This thread: