ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109346

Subject: RICE : ELLA MARTHA GOHN : Michigan >Va m R RICE
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:46:47 EDT

ELLA MARTHA GOHN
She was b abt 1885 & lived for most of her life in & around Lynchburg, Va.
In 1910, she was living in AMHERST CO VA., m to ROBERT RICE, with one child,
MORRIS, b abt 1909. It was on the census that she stated her pob as MICHIGAN.
She died in the late 60's.
There were 2 other children, b in the 20's.
We have lots of info on our family, all from & still living in Va, but very
little abt Ella.
I believe the name GOHN is quite common in PA, but there is no connection
there.
There are Gohn's in Michigan, but I've not seen it too many other places.
I have seen her name spelt GHONE sometimes.
Thanks for any ideas & inspiration.
K~Frances

This thread: