ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109400

Subject: Goulding/Cole in D. C.
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:19:32 EDT

Can anyone help me break into another generation, that beyond my great-great
grandfather and mother who were married in Georgetown, Washington, DC 10
October 1829: John Cole and Elizabeth Goulding. John, according to the 1850
census, was born in New Jersey, c. 1809 ,though that is questionable. He
died in the 1850s in D.C. Elizabeth probably was the daughter of Samuel and
Dorothea Goulding, also of Georgetown; Elizabeth was slightly younger than
John. They had eight children: Samuel James, John Edward, Mary Ann,
Elizabeth, William Lloyd, Dorothea Ann, Sarah Emma, and Josephine(?). Mary
Ann married Amos V. Bean and died in 1908. Dorothea Ann married John Straub
and was living (at age 87) on Florida Ave. in Washington in 1932. John
probably had a sister Sarah who married Lloyd Cross in D.C. on 12 Jan. 1830.
Any help whatsoever would be so appreciated.

This thread: