ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109533

From: "Gloria Dane" <>
Subject: William Slaughter Dane, Pinkney A. Dane, Raymond Augustus Dane
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 13:47:22 -0500

I 've scanty information about my husband's anscestors. his father, Raymond
DANE, b 19 Jun 1892, ___TX, m 25 Sep 1916 Durant, Bryan Co., OK, Maud
POTTS. he died 2 Jan 1951, b Durant Highland Cemetery, OK. In addition to
Maud and their sons, Raymond was survived by a brother, W. B. DANE,
Durant, and two sisters, Etta SNODGRASS and Mrs. John MCGINNIS, Arizona.

Raymond's father was Pinkney A. Dane, m Mary Brickley. I have no dates or
locations concerning him, but Mary was born 15 Nov 1857 (her father was John
Brickley of MO) Mary survived Pinkney, remarried SPYKER. she died 9 Jan
1934 Denison, TX, b Durant Highland Cemetery, OK

Pinkney's parents were William Slaughter DANE and Katherine CONN.

Pinkney's siblings (possibly in birth order) are Milton Grundy, b 26 Nov
1840, m 11 Jun 1871, Crawford Co., MO Nancy Emaline Trask, d 15 Oct 1891, b
Colbert , Garden of Memories Cemetery, OK

Patton

Gholse

Washington

Jane

Frances

One of William Grundy DANE's children, Ophelia, was born 8 Nov 1873,
Steelville, MO. the family moved to southeastern Oklahoma. Ophelia, her
husband Harvey Reed WILLIAMSON and others are buried in Colbert Garden of
Memories Cemetery.

Raymond and Maud 's children are Raymond Augustus, jr. b 20 Mar 1917,
Plainview, Hale Co., TX. he is the only surviving member of these people
mentioned in this message at this time.

James Edward, b 2 Jun 1918, Durant, Bryan Co., OK d 4 Aug 1969

JoAnn b 20 Feb 1923, d 23 Mar 1923

William Forrest b 27 Jul 1925, d 8 Aug 1985, b AR

Larry Micheal b 15 Feb 1939 d 18 Jun 1995 (he was my husband)

I would appreciate any information anyone might have about any of these
DANEs. surely there are some records in Missouri, Oklahoma and/or Texas.

Thank you,
Gloria Dane

This thread: