ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-04 > 109716

From: VALDINE C ATWOOD <>
Subject: The return of "Family Ties"
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:28:31 EDT

Just had some important news for genealogical researchers in Maine.
"Family Ties" a genealogy column which used to appear in the Bangor
Daily News will return to the newspaper on a weekly basis on Friday, May
14, 1999.
Roxanne Moore Sauicer, who originated "Family Ties" back in the 1980's
will again be editing the column.
In the past "Family Ties" was a great boost for those researching in
Maine and I am sure that it will be a wonderful addition to those of us
researching here in Maine.
Roxanne said that she has been trying for a long time to convince the
'powers that be' at the newspaper to restart the column, but it looks
like the recent spread in Time Magazine helped convince the publishers
that such a column is something that the public wants.
Now we all have to do our part ... start sending your queries and other
items of genealogical interest to:
Family Ties, Bangor Daily News, PO box 1329, Bangor, ME 04401

This thread: