ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-06 > 112468

From: John Ebert <>
Subject: Hovey
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:00:47 -0400

I am trying to locate any information pertaining to Asburg (Asberry,
Asburgh) Hovey. His middle initial was H.
Asburg lived in Henrietta, New York, and had a house on the corner of
West Henrietta Road and Erie Station Road, next to the post office.
Asbury was also a brother to Solomon Hovey Jr. who resided on the corner
of Middle Road and Erie Station Road.) (I believe he was the father of
Myron Hovey, an early carriage and sign painter who resided in Honeoye
Falls New York, had a studio at the top of the old mill, and was in
partnership with Don Sanford.)
I can find nothing on Asbury after the 1855 Census, and would like
dearly to know where he is buried, etc.
Any assistance anyone can afford me would be deeply appreciated, and I
will gladly share what I have to date.
Jeannie Ebert

This thread: