ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-08 > 117086

Subject: FTM notes
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:58:58 EDT

<<
Could somebody on the list tell me just where in the FamilyTreeMaker program
I should enter census info? I know under the "facts" header, there is a
fact
titled census, but it only allows a tiny bit of room. Is there somewhere I
can enter the entire family that I found on each census? Thanks so much in
advance. >>
Haven't you found the notes section yet? It's a word processing program
where you can add anything.
When the "facts" show up, click on the bottom icon that says "notes" and the
WP program will appear.
I write entire "books" in those notes and they can be copy/pasted elsewhere
in other WP programs...in my case MicroSoft 6 word.
They are also neat because they also show up in the GenReport printouts with
the generations listed...first on back to as many as you have in your FTM
program.
ie. William, William2, James3, William 4, etc.
Shirley

This thread: