ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1999-12 > 123667

From: "John D. Sissom" <>
Subject: Cannon County (TN) Families: SISSOM CARRICK JAMISON CRESON
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 21:40:12 -0500

On January 25, 1874, Thomas S. SISSOM married Sarah Ann CARRICK, born May
14, 1858, the daughter of T. Jasper CARRICK and Mary Elizabeth (Prudence)
JAMISON (JIMMERSON). Mary Elizabeth JAMISONs mother was a GOODNIGHT. T.
Jasper CARRICK was born in Kentucky. Thomas S. SISSOM died December 18,
1903.

Jasper CARRICK died after 1860, and Mary Elizabeth (Prudence) JAMISON
CARRICK then married James CRESON, who was a carpenter. We found a
marriage record for a Mary E. CARRICK to James CRESON, January 7, 1867,
in Cannon County, Tennessee. James CRESON was born ca. 1851. A child of
this second marriage was Mattie (CRESON) PERRY, born ca. 1868. Mattie
married James (Jim) B. PERRY, from the Bradyville area, ca. 1880 to 1885.
Sarah's half sister, Mattie PERRY, went to Temple, Bell County, Texas
ca. 1895-6.

Descendants of James Creson

1 James CRESON1851 -
..+Mary Elizabeth JAMISON1835 -
.........2 Benjamin F. CRESON1867 -
.........2 Martha J. CRESON1870 -
.............+James B. PERRY1864 -
.........2 Francis CRESON1872 -
.........2 Eliza CRESON1875 -
.........2 John CRESON1877 -

I am looking for some connection to the CRESON line. In particular, I
need the parents of James CRESON.

Other names associated with this family are Vallerie, Dora TRIBBLE,
Frances, Hattie, (Jackie), John CRESON. These come from notes my mother
gave me regarding the family. Jackie, Frances and Dora are brother and
sister to whom? I would appreciate any help as to the connection with the
other names.

John D. Sissom -
member: Wood Co Chap OGS
sola fide