ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-01 > 126288

From: "Dyana Matheson" <>
Subject: Help get me on the right track!
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:52:54 -0500

Ok Rooters! I may be asking a very basic question but I will never find out if I don't ask, right? How many years back can you find Birth Certificates. Most of my ancestors are from Georgia so far. I have received all of the information that I have on my family from relatives and cemeteries. I have my GGG grandfathers name (born in 1834) in Georgia, but I don't know who his parents are. What step do I need to take next to find his parents and so on. I have several ancestors like this. Do Census records tell who the parents are? (I will take hints and suggestions from anyone who could help me get on the right track.

Dyana Matheson

P E A L
H E N D R I X
M I L L E R