ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-02 > 126434

From: Jan Bassett <>
Subject: Cemeteries
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:22:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
In reading the posts about the cemeteries in
Germany who put the deceased in "used" graves, it
made me remember the story my mother told me
about some distant cousins. It seems they had a
child die at a very early age, and evidently did
not have much money for they buried her in the
same grave as an uncle who had died a few years
earlier. I understand that people do not always
have money for such things, and this was before
the laws pertaining to embalming and funeral
homes, but, I feel everyone is at least entitled
to their own grave.
Just my thoughts. Not trying to get anything
started!

Jan

This thread: