ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-02 > 128513

From: "max disbrow" <>
Subject: cemeteries
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:49:11 -0500

I thank everyone on the info for cemeteries, I always considered those
out in the middle of nowhere a mystery. My husband was flying in a
powered parachute and saw from the air a rectangluar patch with a couple
of markers. Its not very visible from the ground. We asked about it and
found there are supposed to be 6 people buried there but there are no
records, and it's not even recognized as a cemetery. The farmer that owns
the land knows about it and therefore doesn't plow over them, I have know
idea how to find out who they were for sure but the last name is Sprung.
It seems sad that they are forgotten. Is there a way to get a burial site
recognized, if nothing else just for their memory? Dawn

This thread: