ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-05 > 132184

From: (Rose Hoffman)
Subject: OFF THE CUFF
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:24:01 -0700 (MST)

A medical question I've been thinking about ever since I have been
reading Belva Plain FORTUNE'S HAND on a familys second child who was
retarded and showed other types of behavior which would be considered
borderline.
I have two daughters who are mildly retarted(IQs are high)have attention
deficit disorder, Borderline behavoral problems,
etc...
I am very interested in making a medical tree since my husband(deceased)
had an uncurable eye problem as did our eldest daughter. The problem is
that I cannot get medical, school records of relatives way back in
1800's(I do not even think that I could get perhaps DNA or other types
of gene testing ) I do not even know if I can delve into the past on
diseases or on mental health--so where do I begin? The countries involve
are Belarus, Germany, and Ukraine.

TO KEEP OUT OF MISCHIEF--USE MIND!

This thread: