ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-05 > 132360

From: Mike and Karen Goad <>
Subject: Re: Information on Living People -- SS Index
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 11:52:58 -0500

Actually the Social Security Death Index is updated regularly. The
Rootsweb Social Security Death Index Search is updated monthly. I found
information on individuals with deaths as recent as March 2000.

I've never heard of any other Social Security, certainly not one that
includes living people.

I have 3 links to SSDI searches on my web page at
http://www.cswnet.com/~sbooks/genealogy/html/resources.htm

Mike Goad

At 08:01 AM 5/6/00 -0500, Joanne Moore wrote:
>Tana:
>
>All records pertaining to living people will not be listed on the
>internet. In fact, some of the information that we need for our genealogy
>records have a time limit on them. I think, I'm really sure, but the SS
>Index is 30 years. In fact, the 1930 Census is just now being made
>available to the public. This might also stand for the SS Index.
>
>Happy hunting.
>
>Joanne

This thread: