ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-05 > 132761

From: "Katie Sweetland" <>
Subject: Choctaw or Chickasaw
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 15:35:25 -0400

My father was 1/16 native American Indian either Choctaw or Chickasaw
tribe. His sister was Not an American Indian having the same parents.
During a visit I askwd my fathers paternal YEAGER family if there was
Indian and they said yes that my fathers mother has Indian blood. My
fathers mother was a BECKHAM>PATTERSON>BALLARD and her relatives say
there was no Indian lineage. The lineage where the IIndian line comes
from is the WILLIAM ALEXANDER PATTERSON b Limestone co, Ala and his wife
Rosalinda Gabrilla Ballard BECKHAM who was born in 1834 in Choctaw co,
MIssissippi. Her parents were not known to have Native American lines.
My mother remembers when they visited Miss Delta that a man spoke to my
father and asked if he was from the C?????????? tribe. Unfortunately I
paid little attention to my father as a child. Can anyone help by
suggesting where I might start my looking for Native american lines. My
fathers mother was born in Aberdeen, monroe co, Miss. thank you MaryKate

This thread: