ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-05 > 132989

From: Mike and Karen Goad <>
Subject: Internet Genealogy Resources
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 01:29:43 -0500

Hi all,

I'm looking for some input on internet genealogy resources. For my
genealogy website, I hope to be able to select and add one valuable on-line
resource per week as a "Genealogy Weekly Resource." I'd like to have input
from other folks on it. If you know of valuable and/or interesting
resources that you might like to share, please post them to me, either
privately or here on RootsWeb to share with everyone else.

The type of sites I am looking for are those that provide valuable service
to the on-line genealogy community. There are a great many of them out
there in all sorts of areas. In most cases, this would NOT include personal
genealogy pages or pages for particular surnames, unless their on-line
presentation if of such quality that they stand out from the average page
of their type.

My website is at http://www.cswnet.com/~sbooks/genealogy/index.htm
It's an internet resource site with a few genealogy resources I've
developed and links to other on-line resources. (Some of these resources
are actually on other servers, but I plan to consolidate them to the same
server in the near future) My on-line resources include:
- Copyright issues - U.S. Copyright and Genealogy... A discussion on
copyright issues with links to the copyright code and several pertinent
court opinions.
- Cousins"- Free Chart... how do you determine fourth cousin five times
removed?
- DAR Patriot Index Lookup
- Finding U.S. Locations... using on-line aerial photos and topographical
maps
- Getting Started....links to on-line genealogy resources with tips for
beginners.
- Graphics - 1nce Upon a Tyme Graphics from 1860s Vanity Fair
- Resource Links... other valuable on-line genealogy resources
- Searches
a. Using general purpose Search Engines for genealogy.
b. Comparison of Four Search Engines for on-line genealogy searches.

Thanks
Mike Goad

GOAD-L
SHINN-L