ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-05 > 133020

From: Lester M Powers <>
Subject: Re: PBS - "Ancestors"
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 15:31:12 -0700

Jim:
> Unfortunately-I missed the complete run of the T.V.
> special from PBS, and would like to know if copies are
> available. How many show were there ?

There is a better alternative. PBS will be
broadcasting an all-new "Ancestors" series this coming
summer. I thought their first try was excessively
dumbed down. Maybe this time, they'll do more than
dabble the obvious. The new series, I've heard, is
all-new, not a repeat. Alas, I don't remember when
the new series begins. Anyone remember the debut date?
I'd rather not miss it just because I forgot that.

For video copies of the old series, watch the
intermissions between programs on PBS for their
video (excessively costly) sales service ads.

Lester

This thread: