ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-05 > 133049

From: "Emma Jenkins" <>
Subject: Counties & Parent Counties Info Available
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 13:39:38 EDT

I have a book that lists United States counties along with the county seat,
parent counties, date originated, date of first census, and missing
censuses--as of 1965. If you need county information, let me know.

The book is "The Counties of the United States and Their Genealogical Value"
by E. Kay Kirkham. It also lists states that have census schedules
available , explanations of Federal Census Enumerations as they changed from
1790-, and information on the Mortality Schedules. All of this is as of
1965, the date of the book.

I am new at this and do not yet understand all of the above and its value.
I am giving the information in case you do and want to try to get the book.
There may be (probably are) newer ones available now that I am unaware of.

JO

This thread: