ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-05 > 133255

From: Mike Goad <>
Subject: Genealogy.... In the News
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 21:08:56 -0500

Hi all,

I stumbled across one news article on the internet that was related
to genealogy and ended up "collecting" the addresses for 8
relatively recent genealogy related news articles.

I have posted them at:
http://www.cswnet.com/~sbooks/genealogy/InTheNews/inthenews.htm

They include:

Ancestors on PBS - New Series Coming to PBS, June 2000

Have your genes sequenced online - The sign reads, "General
Admission to the Human Genome. DoubleTwist.com" May 24, 2000

New Privacy Threat: Genealogy? Just when you thought there was
nothing new to say about the oft-cited privacy threats that
Americans face...May. 18, 2000 PDT

Discovering your family tree -Are you a sum of your ancestor's
parts? Digging up your family roots has become an addiction for
millions of Americans. May 9

A family tree that spans the Net - During 15 months of genealogical
sleuthing, the Internet has helped me uncover an extended
familyApril 6

Iceland sells its medical records, pitting privacy against greater
good - Iceland has sold the medical and genealogy records of its
275,000 citizens to a private medical research company March 3, 2000

Planet Web: The History Makers - "Ten years ago, my mother decided
to trace her Swedish roots... Last week she started the search
again. This time, though, she used the Internet. January 13, 2000

Iceland's Genetic Jackpot - One stamp of approval stands between a
genetic research company's plan to map the genes of the entire
Icelandic population and drawing the first DNA sample. Dec. 10, 1999

Genealogy Giant Adds Branches - Mormon site expands, adding search
options and links to useful resources November 26, 1999

http://www.cswnet.com/~sbooks/genealogy/InTheNews/inthenews.htm

Mike Goad

This thread: