ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-07 > 135645

From: <>
Subject: Re: Age at Death in Years, Months, Days
Date: 15 Jul 2000 13:19:20 -0700

> From: "Randy & Marlene Cole" <>
> Subject: Age at Death in Years, Months, Days
>
> Can anyone tell me if there is a website that provides a chart so that if
> you enter the date of death, and then enter the age of the person in
> years, months and days, that you can determine accurately, the date of
> birth. Was there some particular convention that was followed by the folks
> who carved headstones? I am always afraid I will be out in my calculations
> by one day.

Try this: http://enws347.eas.asu.edu:8000/~buckner/bdform.html. PittyPat
sent me a URL as she knows I'm working on a perpetual calendar for
genealogists. So far, I have not found a decent calendar that can be
downloaded that is accurate for all countries and that has the birthdate
calculation.
With luck, I will have the basic perpetual calendar available this
weekend. The birthdate calculation portion will take a while.

John Slaughter/Spokane, WA
Q. Why do genealogist's die with a smile?
A. Because they know they are about to get another date on their pedigree.
http://john-slaughter.rootsweb.com/IpswichHistory
http://john-slaughter.rootsweb.com/WalkingTour
http://john-slaughter.rootsweb.com/Groveland
http://john-slaughter.rootsweb.com/Bradford