ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-08 > 137116

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Administration Bond
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 15:24:50 EDT

writes:

<< Sun, 20 Aug 2000 14:18:23 EDT
Subject: Administration Bond

Dear Mary Lou;

This is not a dumb question! The administrators are often family members.
However, I have a number of wills of ancestors who appointed neighbors of
theirs and family friends to administer or co-administer estates. I found in
one instance that the executors were two neighbors of the deceased.
Apparently very trusted neighbors. There are any number of reasons for the
decision about who will be best suited to take care of the long hours and
headaches that go along with the administration of an estate. If you have
ever had to do this, you would know what a job it is!

Phyllis

This is a dumb question from some one who has been doing genealogy as
long as I but this type of thing has never come up before.
The administrator, with two other men, puts up $400.00 and he alone
promises to settl >>

This thread: