ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-08 > 137166

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Administration Bond
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 19:24:12 EDT

Thank you Thena. That's what I think. There may be another paper someplace.
I wonder where I would look for that. I have been to Civil Court. I have
the vendue papers and do not see these people listed. [This is in PA in
1838.] I think I figured up $400 as about $4500 in today's dollars.
I know the daughters asked to have the administrator removed, but he
pulled himself together and did finish the job. I believe they referred to
him as in 'diminishing circumstances' and the daughter he had been married to
did die a couple of years after her mother.
I guess my question cannot be answered - I'll just have to trace these
two men down and see who they are. I was looking for a sort of legal answer.
Thanks again. I remember you from my old Compuserve days.
Mary Lou

This thread: