ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-11 > 140128

From: Patricia Tidmarsh <>
Subject: Re: [ROOTS-L] Re: Thistle Mission Band
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 15:28:38 -0500 (EST)

Alta--

Thanks so much for this clarification and for all your work. No need to
appologize, anyone in genealogy must take responsibility to be diligent in
their search. Glad to know it will be on a web site, (with index a lovely
bonus as even with Control+F some names can be skipped)

Thanks to both of you for your generosity.

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Alta Flynt wrote:

> I am the person who has been posting the Thistle Mission Band Newspaper
> Clippings. I have answered every person who has written to me about the
> clippings - this is the first time I have noticed one posted to the
> list, so this is the first time I am answering to the list - all three
> that I submit the clippings to. Sorry, if I have just been unobservant.
>
> I purchased a notebook (standard schoolboy composition book) at an
> antique store in Belfast, Maine in the summer of 1999. It had been used
> for the secretary's minutes for the Thistle Mission Band. From the
> clippings, and from clues sent to me by various people, I believe the
> Thistle Mission Band was a church group (Ladies' Aid or some such) from
> Marysville, New Brunswick. Marysville, New Maryland, Devon, and the
> other communities in the clippings are all near Fredericton, New
> Brunswick. There were only a few pages of minutes left in the
> notebook. The only year mentioned was 1897. The rest of the pages had
> been used as a scrap book with the minutes covered with obituaries and
> wedding announcements, etc. There were also many clippings loose inside
> the book.
>
> Cleadie Barnett has put the messages on a web page.
> <http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.com/~cannbfam/tmb/Thistle1.html>;. He
> has told me that he intends to have an index also when I have finished
> the clippings, as well as the few pictures that were in the clippings.
> There are only a few more submissions to go.
>
> Again, I'm sorry for being unobservant and not posting info to the
> group.
>
> Alta

This thread: