ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2000-12 > 140767

From: "Fred H. Straumann" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] STRAUMANN,Hans Jakob;Bretzwil,BL,CHE>Baltimore MD,USA;1824
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:25:03 -0500

This is my periodic search for new members of the list or those who missed
my query for information on descendants of my g-g-g-grandfather:

Hans Jakob (John J,) Straumann, b.1776 in CHE
his son Johann Jakob (John J.), b.1800 "
and his daughter Maria (Marie), b.1806 "

They landed together in Baltimore MD during September of 1824,
emigrating from Bretzwil,Baselland,Switzerland.

( I'm a descendant of Heinrich Straumann,b.1802, brother to above Johann
Jakob. He remained in Bretzwil with his other siblings.)

Has anybody come across this family ? I would greatly appreciate
any response. Please see my data base on my Straumann Lineage:Stamm
Jakob(1599)
http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=fstrau
ma&surname=Straumann%2C+Jakob

Thank you Fred H.Straumann