ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2001-09 > 1001608623

From: "Jan Sedore" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Sunfield Eaton County, Michigan
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:37:03 -0500

The Sunfield Historical Society while cleaning out their historical closets
have found several copies of their 1995 published book,

"Sunfield Town & Country"
The History of Sunfield & Vicinity
The First 100 Years.
Edited and Compiled by THE SUNFIELD HISTORY SEEKERS - 1995
Note: Sunfield is located in Eaton County, Michigan

In the bound hard cover 198 pages, it will give you a walk down main
street and recall the life and happenings of the late 19th and early 20th
century Sunfield residents and business people. In doing so, this work will
jog your memories to recall people and places now gone and it will also
remind us of pleasant happenings of days when our life style seemed a whole
lot simpler. Many pictures of this era.
We explored the histories of the area churches, organizations and the
history of our individual ancestor families, for which we are so very
thankful. It also touches on the area schools. You will also find many
photos of the families who lived in the area along with their Family
Histories.
Here is a partial list of surnames you will find: Akins, Allen, Baughman,
Beland, Benedict, Bera, Bishop Brooke, Brown, Burns, Campbell, Chatfield,
Cheal, Cole, Coppess, Cure, Davis, DeLand, Dilley, Dow, Durham, Estep,
Feasal, Figg, Fleetham, Frantz, Gorham, Guy, Hager, Hampton, Hanna, Holton,
Hoover, Hotchkiss, Hough, Howard, Hulett, Hunter, Huyck, Hynes, Jackson,
Joppie, Lenon, Lippincott, Lovell, Lundquist, Lusk, Mapes, McDiarmid,
McWhorter, Meyers, Nichols, Peabody, Petrie, Porter, Pumfrey, Rawson,
Reeder, Richard, Roberts, Rogers, Roper, Sackett, Sayer, Schwab, Shaffer,
Sipperley, Slater, Snyder, Spalding, Steward, Taylor, Thompson, Thorp,
Towns, Van Antwerp, VanBuren, Walsh, Wies, Welch, Witherell, Wilcox and
related families.

These books are limited and will be sold on a first come basis. The cost
will be $35.00 U.S. (postage paid) for each book.

TO ORDER, COMPLETE INFORMATION BELOW AND SEND FORM WITH PAYMENT PAYABLE TO:
'SUNFIELD HISTORICAL SOCIETY'
Send to:

Sunfield Historical Society
P.O. Box 251
Sunfield, MI 48890

NUMBER OF BOOKS:________________

For more information, contact Jan Sedore

Enjoy the book,

Jan Sedore
Sunfield Historical Society
Eaton County, Michigan