ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2001-11 > 1006823124

From: "ROBERT E PATY" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Christmas Memories
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:05:24 -0700

How many of you rooters have or had Christmas traditions in your family that bring back memories? Our family, after all the kids were grown and married, with families of their own, used to draw names each year and buy just one gift for the person whose name we drew. There was a $5 limit when we started but over the years it increased to $10. Adults drew adults names and children drew childrens names. Teenagers were considered adults. We all gathered at Mother's house on Christmas eve and exchanged gifts. The seven of us (Mother's children) all chipped in to get a nice gift for Mom & Dad. Mother always had fruit cake (homemade) pies, and coffee or soda pop for the non-coffee drinkers. We did this every year for 20-30 years and then for some reason we just quit doing it. I think of this every Christmas eve and am thankful for this fond memory.
Robert E Paty, dback, Arizona
Researching DeLoach, Moss, Paty

This thread: