ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-01 > 1010007430

From: "Jim Savage" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] John Burton1813-1877
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:37:10 -0600

I have John Burton (57 years old on 1870 census) who I think moved to
Washington
County Mississippi from Louisiana sometime after 1864...he had 2 children,
who on the 1880 census are listed as born in Louisiana, but the 1870 census
shows them born in Mississippi.in 1870 they were in their fathers household
and in 1880 they were in a cousins household, Arthur (Archie) & Lucy...2
more children born in Mississippi
Edna and Florence Inez (my grandmother)....My grandmother's mother was
Carrie Black and she died when granny was about 3 yrs old....Granny was
born in Silver City, MS...on the 1880 census they are found living with a
cousin V.M.Burton( a widow) in Washington County, MS...there was probably
a 1st wife the 1870 census shows a Virginia (53 years old) there is a 9
year lag between the 1st two and the last two births
Ring any Burton bells?

Christmas begins it and Easter completes it

This thread: