ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-07 > 1025733281

Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: ROOTS-L Digest V02 #351
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 17:54:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/02 4:18:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

<< My father had some war medals from WWII which were stolen.
> Does anyone know how I can find out which ones they were and how to get
> them replaced?

The medals should be listed on his Military Discharge papers.

The Discharge papers refered to would be his DD-214. if you don't have them
you can contact Military Records section for the Armed Forces. Go to and do a search for Military Records Former service personnel.
that should produce some results and if all else fails contact Recruiting
station in your town or call VFW or the American Legion. They all can help


This thread: