ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-09 > 1031628700

From: Elberta Brummet <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Popularity of genealogy as a hobby in the United States
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 22:12:20 -0700

Could anyone direct me to a website that ranks the popularity of
hobbies, specifically genealogy. Where does it rank?

I work in a library and today we had a patron come in from a distance to
order some genealogy related books through Interlibrary Loan. She lives
nearer to a larger library and has a hard time contacting the
Interlibrary Loan librarian and was also told the the Director of the
library screens the requests and since the Director believes genealogy
is on the wane usually does not approve genealogy requests. I would
like to disprove her theory but I have not been able to come up with a
site. We have a book on "Top 10's" but it does not list hobbies.

Elberta Brummet

This thread: