ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-09 > 1032231648

From: Elberta Brummet <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Popularity of genealogy
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:39:24 -0700

My thanks to Tiffany, Marie Beckman, Dennis V. Carter, Ann T. Meyer, Lou
Hicks Nelson, Steven Dhuey, Margaret Scheffler, Florence
Herring,Valentine, J.M. Whalen, Anita, T.W. Thomason, Willie Ann
McColloch, Buffy, and Elizabeth Watkins for their responses, opinions
and feedback. I followed up on suggested links. Finally I emailed
Richard Eastman and he said that around 1995 Demographics Magazine
published a report that said that genealogy was the third-most popular
personal interest of Americans. That report would be seven years old
now. But he believes that report would be unbiased. He also said that
Genealogy.com paid for a report but couldn't say what the outcome of
that was since the organization that conducted the study has never
answered questions about how this study was completed.

Elberta Brummet

This thread: