ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 2002-10 > 1033605748

From: "Dannie Williams" <>
Subject: [ROOTS-L] Re: Bundling and Spooning
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 19:42:28 -0500

When we were kids growing up in MN in the 40's and 50's it was VERY cold in our upstairs at night, most of the time there being frost on the inside of the windows. That was the day when 2-3 slept in the same bed and we would all turn the same direction and curl up around the others' back with our knees drawn up (inside our nightgowns). We called it sleeping in the spoon position. If you can visualize several spoons stacked together you will get the drift. Kept us warm and we couldn't go to bed mad or we wouldn't be included in this close knit sleeping position. Anyone else relate to this?
Dorothy

This thread: